Tuesday, August 2, 2011

July

Wow time goes by fast.  I didn't realize that it has been so long since I have made a post.  In June and July we have worked a lot at our jobs and around the house.  Mainly we have been landscaping and Shane has continued to make progress in the basement.  I have been busy at work since June, July, and August are our busiest months.  hmmm...nine months ago...guess it was just starting to get cold.  Anyway, I love my job so I don't mind being a little more busy.  Shane has been able to get some mountain biking in and he just got back from a five day fly fishing trip in Montana.  He was kid-free and had a good time with his buddies. 
Dylan has been saying more and more new words.  He is definitely a boy as he loves to throw things, get into everything he can, play with his baseball and get into the dirt.  I always wished that he would start talking soon and be able to understand what we are telling him; but now that he can understand us for the most part, he has started to say "no" when we ask if he wants to take his nap or to put his shoes on or to put his pajamas on.  Now we have learned to not ask question that he can answer with a no...most of the time that works. 
A couple days ago I took him to Wheeler farm,  a local farm that lets the public come and look at the animals and see the equipment, take hay rides on the tractors, etc.  Dylan definitely does not have any fear of the animals.  While other kids were backing away from the fences, Dylan went right up and tried to pet them.  When we were at the barn where they have the cows there was a little calf out by the fence.  Dylan went right up to it and it mooed at him...Dylan mooed right back.  It was the cutest thing I ever saw.    He also loved the pigs.  The pig area had a little swimming pool and when the pigs started to get in, Dylan started to cry because he wanted to take a bath with them.  He kept saying "Bath, Bath" as he was crying.(He loves his baths)  I had to peel him off of the fence and distract him with the turkeys.
Well, here are some pictures.  I will try to not make it such a long time from post to post.

His cute sock monkey pajamas...so cute!

I tried so hard to get him to smile.



He now knows how to open any type of door...how do you toddler proof that?!?

...and into the cookies he goes.

He finally fits into his Johnny Cash, Crawl the Line shirt!

Oh how I love that cute smile.

He really does get into everything he can.

Watching fireworks with mommy and daddy.


He LOVES the water.


I finally gave in and let him pounce around in the puddles...he was laughing and laughing.

Dylan petting the animals at the farm.


These baby goats were as small as a puppy...so cute.

Dylan was a little unsure of the ducks, probably because they were the only animals constantly walking towards him.  There was a large family that had just got done feeding them and I think the ducks thought that we had food too.



2 comments:

  1. Love the pic of you 2 looking at each other and smiling!! He is so stinkin' cute and getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is absolutely adorable!! AND he is getting SO big!! I love the age when the get into everything, and hate it at the same time! I do miss seeing you at work, and am grateful it is busy for everyone! Keep updates coming... I feed off of them!! ;)

    ReplyDelete