Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Fun!

We have had a great Christmas.  The week after Thanksgiving we went to the local lot and got our tree.   We had a fun time picking out our Charlie Brown tree!  I think Dylan liked looking at the Reindeer.  I drove past this place a couple weeks before and the reindeer had antlers but by the time we went, their antlers had fallen off.  Oh well, the pictures are still cute.  I was amazed by how small and aggressive they are.  I figured that they were the size of a elk.

We had a interesting visit to Cabelas.  Dylan and I went to Cabelas to do some shopping for Shane and I decided it would be fun to have Dylan's picture taken with Santa.  I got there a few minutes after Santa was there and the line was so long.  I thought it would go quickly but after 30 minutes we were almost there.  Yep, I waiting with a busy little 14 month old, bad idea.  By the time we got to Santa Dylan was so over it all he did was cry.  One of the Santa pictures he is crying and the other he has a binkie in his mouth...oh well...I tried...

Our Christmas day went very smoothly and uneventful.  In the morning I made coffee and we had sticky buns that I had made the night before.  Oh so good!  Dyan's Christmas present to us was letting us sleep in until 8:15a.m.  We enjoyed the morning and afternoon lounging around.  It was so fun to watch Dylan open up his presents.  He loved picking up the boxes and moving them around.  Every few presents he would actually get intrigued, but mostly he liked the paper and the boxes.  We cooked dinner for our friends and then I went to work for the night. 

Below are some pictures from the last few weeks.


Dylan and the reindeer at the tree lot where we got our tree.

Waiting for Santa at Cabelas.

About 20 minutes later...still waiting...Dylan having some juice.

Christmas morning...yay...boxes!

So happy!

Dylan finally able to open his own presents...and ours!

checking out one of his new toys.

Jess and Dylan opening presents...Dylan just loved to crawl into all of the boxes.



I love this hat!  Thanks Aunt Karen


Dylan got his first pair of skis this Christmas!!!

Can't you just see the little skier in him?!?!

Dylan loves going to Home Depot and riding in these carts.

Such a happy little boy...we love him so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment